The outline below will help you plan your field trip.
CHOOSE YOUR LOCATION
- This is a great time to involve the students in the process
- They can research parks, topics and outdoor programs close to the school.
- Search for local (city, county), state, or national parks, wildlife refuges or nature centers.
- Please consider the time of year, number of students and age level when deciding which park to visit.
- Please call Billy Schrack 301-279-7275 ex.17 or email William@parktrust.org if you need help.
CONTACT THE RANGER OR NATURALIST
- The outdoor location should be able to set up a program for your group.
- Some programs can cost money, please factor this into your budget.
- National parks and wildlife refuges are normally free for school groups.
- State parks may have an entrance fee that can be waived.
PICK A DATE
- Make sure buses are available to accommodate your group and your school schedule.
GET READY FOR THE DAY
- Complete any pre-assignments or research for the trip
- Submit any paper work to administration
- Book the bus(es)
- Send at least 10 digital photos to William@parktrust.org
- Photos may be used on website or in educational materials for NPT, Caesars or Terrapass. If a separate photo release is necessary we can provide one for your students.
- Compile testimonials, student writing, or teacher reactions to the trip and/or carbon contest