About National Park Trust
The National Park Trust’s mission is to preserve parks today and create park stewards for tomorrow. Our vision is that everyone should experience the endless possibilities of our parks. Since 1983, the National Park Trust, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, has been working with the National Park Service and other partners to protect our national parks. We do this by acquiring critically important private lands to complete our national parks, and by introducing a new generation of young people to our parks, our future caretakers of these resources.
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic Administrative Coordinator to support the Park Trust’s rapidly growing programs and office operations. This new staff member will provide administrative support for the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, and general support for the office, coordinate a variety of event logistics, and assist with the production of communication and fundraising efforts. This position is perfect for someone looking to learn about nonprofit activities and functions. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to the Executive Director.
Detailed Position Description:
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar, scheduling, and travel
- Schedule meetings and related logistics for board, staff, and partners. This will include conference calls and in-person meetings.
- Manage office procedures including overall scheduling, opening and distributing mail, and checking general voicemail and email
- Oversee office equipment maintenance & supply inventory
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Schedule and coordinate all aspects of board meetings and calls, tasks include:
- The creation and distribution of all meeting materials
- Taking meeting minutes
- Plan and execute 2 annual in-person board retreats, tasking include:
- Scheduling and booking travel and lodging for all Board members and senior staff
- Creation and distribution of all meeting materials
- Taking meeting minutes
- Organizing all meals and activities
- Manage the logistics of cultivation events including the annual Vento Award Event, tasks include:
- Booking the venue and caterers
- Communication with vendors
- Generating guest lists
- Facilitating event mailings
- Tracking RSVP’s
- Creating name tags
- Assistance with donor/guest check-in
- Accurately process all donations and generate timely and accurate gift acknowledgment letters and tax receipts
- Coordinate the transfer of information between donation platforms and Finance system
- Coordinate production of direct mail fundraising efforts, including list management, mail merges, management of external vendors
- Manage production of internal cultivation and fundraising mailings including list management, mail merges and mailing of campaigns
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited college or university and 1-3 years of non-profit experience in operations or administration
- A passion for the Park Trust’s mission and vision
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (written, phone, and in-person). Written documents will include email communications, donor thank you notes, and board reports.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to adhere to and enforce deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Self-starter, ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Pays close attention to detail
- Flexible and able to problem solve under pressure
- Some experience in CRM or donor database software preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel spreadsheets
- Proficient in Google Workspace and GSuite products
- Comfortable assisting with basic IT troubleshooting
- Willing to be flexible with hours depending on needs of the organization, including out-of-state travel for board meetings, if needed.
- Familiarity with web development, particularly WordPress, and Adobe suite of products is a plus
This position requires some physical exertion including hiking, paddling, and lifting items up to 25-45 lbs. on occasion.
To apply: Please submit the following to Human Resources at HR@parktrust.org
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at the National Park Trust, and what you hope to contribute to the position and organization.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. References will be required upon request.