- Students must select a park near their school.
- Students must research the park to find out what outdoor recreation activities, educational, and park stewardship opportunities.
- Students must complete the two-page entry form.
- One entry form can be submitted per class; more than one entry form can be submitted per school.
- We want to hear from the students, so help them develop their ideas, but allow them to complete the proposal in their own words.
- If the students are unable to complete the proposal for any reason, please contact William Schrack at NPT (301-279-7275 x11)
- Be creative: video entries, artwork, and photos are encouraged as part of the entry!
- Cover letters from teachers are also encouraged, but not required.
Contest winners will receive:
- Funding for one park experience including school bus transportation, park-related fees, supplies for park stewardship project, or anything else students feel would enhance their educational parks experience.
- Official award certificate and KTP stickers for students.
- A classroom Buddy Bison, our pint-sized woolly mascot, to take on your park adventure.
- A opportunity to have a student-written article about the experience featured on our website, in our e-newsletter, or in Buddy Bison's Buzz.