Check out our Google map which shows all of the major U.S. military bases and all 423 national park sites across the country:
Download and use our ParkPassportSM App to discover new outdoor places to explore all year long.
National Park Trust has improved the user experience with the following enhancements and new features to ParkPassport 2.0:
- Updated Park Finder helps users discover nearby parks anywhere in America now featuring over 600 new park locations to further explore. In addition to the 63 national parks, included in 2.0 are the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ 463 lakes and rivers, Missouri’s 93 state parks, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association’s (NOAA) 15 National Marine Sanctuaries and two Marine National Monuments.
- New Badges in the Digital Passport are available for different parks and outdoor activities, including custom badges for all national parks, National Marine Sanctuaries and Monuments, and Missouri State Parks.
- Offline Functionality now allows users to track their park visits and activities and access park information without the need to be connected to wifi or cell service.
- New Fishing Information is now featured at national parks and other sites with 7 specific digital resource categories and 6 new custom activity badges for different types of fishing.
- Thousands of Updated Digital Resources and Experiences provided, including virtual tours, Junior Ranger badges, live webcams, educational videos, and new resource categories – hidden histories, recreate responsibly, and wildlife viewing.
- Improved Search Functionality allows users to search for specific locations, various activities, and parks with historical and cultural significance.
- Accessibility Information Now Available for all users to prepare and plan their park experiences.
- Photo Sharing continues to allow users to upload and share their favorite park images.
In addition to the key features and enhancements above, the app also boasts improved map functionality, a refined onboarding experience, and access to information about free park passes offered by the National Park Service.
The app is currently available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Get your annual pass for FREE entry into national parks and other federal lands.
The America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees (day use fees) at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Cost: Free annual pass
- Current US military members and their dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and Space Force, as well as Reserve and National Guard members
- US military veterans
- Gold Star Family members
4th Grade Pass
Cost: Free pass valid for the duration of the 4th grader’s school year through the following summer (September-August)
Available for: US 4th graders, including home-schooled and free-choice learners 10 years of age, a valid Every Kid Outdoors paper pass
NPS Career Opportunities
Looking for a career? Would you like to share your skills? Want to make a difference? We can answer all of these!
The National Park Service employs over 4,000 veterans which accounts for more than 20 percent of the paid workforce. We are committed to increasing this number and actively recruit veterans. Match your skills to our mission. Law enforcement and wildland fire are two places to start. Visits USAJOBs to search for more jobs.
If you’re a Veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions, you may be eligible for veterans’ preference, as well as other veteran specific hiring options. Find out more about veterans preference, veterans recruitment appointment, and other hiring options as well as search jobs.
The Office of Personnel Management has dropped the geographical and relocation requirements spouses needed to use the Military Spouse Non-Competitive Appointment Authority in the past. This means spouses will no longer need relocation (PCS) orders to a specific area to be eligible for non-competitive federal employment consideration. The change goes into effect Oct. 21 and expires on Aug. 13, 2023. Find out more about veteran and other hiring authorities.