- Who: National Park Trust, National Marine Sanctuary Foundation, NOAA Fisheries, and Mallows Bay-Potomac River National Marine Sanctuary
- What: A fun Saturday fishing and kayaking at Mallows Bay-Potomac River National Marine Sanctuary. NOAA Rangers will welcome participants to Mallows Bay and teach them about the marine sanctuary, the fish and wildlife that call it home, and our role in helping protect it. Participants must be ages eight and up.
- Fishing guides from the local area will teach fishing basics and help you cast your line into the scenic Potomac River to catch some fish! After a complimentary lunch, our friends at Atlantic Kayak Company will take participants on a family-friendly 2-hour kayaking tour of the marine sanctuary to discover the “Ghost Fleet,” a collection of more than 100 World War I-era wooden steamships dismantled during the 1920s and 1930s, the “Ghost Fleet” is now a historic and scenic attraction that captivates visitors.
- Where: 1440 Wilson Landing Road, Nanjemoy, MD 20662
- When: Saturday, June 3, 2023, from 10 am to 4 pm
A fishing pole, tackle box, and introductory gear will be provided to each participant to keep during and after the event. You do not need to own or bring fishing gear to participate!
Participants will receive a $25 gas card to reimburse for transportation to and from the event.
Please use the form below to register each member of your family individually who will be attending the outing. Space is limited, and we need each participant registered separately to ensure their spot is reserved!