- the personal information we collect and how we collect it;
- how we use and disclose personal information;
- how we protect and secure your personal information;
- our practices regarding the information of children;
- third party data practices;
- how you can access and change the personal information we store about you; and
- how you can contact us with any questions or concerns.
The following are the types of information we collect:
Information you give us: We receive the personal information you provide to us when you use the Site such as your answers to any questions you provide. If you provide information directly to us in other ways, such as by sending us an email, we may retain that information and add it with the other information we have collected from you. We may also collect personal information that is necessary for our legitimate interests, which will be disclosed to you at the time of collection. We will use this information for the purposes of which it was collected. We collect information from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail, billing and mailing addresses, phone number, company name, title, website URLs, and password when you create an account to log in to our network. We also retain information that you post or store through your account and/or on our website, including without limitation any messages you send or post, and your interests and preferences. If you exchange any messages through our site, we may store those as well. If you purchase anything through our site, we (or our third-party partners) may collect your credit card or payment information. If you apply for a grant, we will collect the information in your application. If you choose to provide your payment or credit card information to National Park Trust, we will use that information for the purposes for which it was provided; we do not store credit card or any other payment information.
Information from third parties: We may receive personal information about you from other sources, such as our business partners or from individuals who refer you to us. We may also receive information about you from third parties, including marketers and advertisers. If you apply for a grant, we may receive information about you from the entity granting or administering the grant process. We may add this information to other information we collect from you. If your employer or a company with which you are affiliated is a member, we may receive information about you from your employer or such entity, including your name, title, email, and contact information.
Automatically collected information: We may receive and store certain types of information from you each time you use the Site or Service. For example, we may automatically log your browser type, language preference, the date and time of your visit to the Site, your time zone, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the website you visited before our Site. In addition, we may receive and store information about your use of the Site and Service, including, for example, the pages you visited, the length of your session, the purchases you made, and the applications you downloaded. We may also receive and store information about the device you used to access the Site and Service, including, for example, the device’s make, the device’s model, the device’s operating system, your carrier, and any mobile applications through which you interact with the Site and Services. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Other. We may also use clear gifs or other data files or identifiers to collect information for statistical purposes and to improve and develop the Service we provide. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We use Google Tag Manager to cache images on your device for faster loading speeds. We also use Google and Facebook conversion pixels to gain visibility into the success of our advertising
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals. Some third-party sites that push content to our Site may keep track of your browsing activities over time and across different websites when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Social Information: The Site may offer you the ability to share your personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking sites. Additionally, by making personal information available on the website, you “opt-in” to allow NPT to provide such personal information to a social networking site without your further consent. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking sites or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
Donor information: NPT is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- Contact information: name, organization/company, complete address, phone number, email address
- Donation information: amounts donated, date of donation(s), method and stimulus
- Information you provide: Your requests and comments
- Information gathered from database modeling firms
Information is used to maintain records of donations, send acknowledgments, mail year-end tax statements to you, send eNewsletters, notices, and direct mail pieces, and for internal marketing purposes.
We normally add you to our mailing list, unless you request otherwise. Our third-party mailing service is contractually obligated to treat lists received with confidentiality and is prohibited from transferring them elsewhere. Donors can opt-out of our receiving emails by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all National Park Trust emails. Donors can opt-out of direct mail or request one-time per year solicitations by emailing your preference to email@example.com or calling us at 301-279-7275.
National Park Trust will not sell, rent, trade or transfer your personal information to outside organizations. The use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of National Park Trust and only to further the mission of the organization. Nevertheless, security measures may not prevent all losses, and National Park Trust is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to security failures
Credit card numbers are not retained once processed. Our third-party donation processor is certified PCI compliant regarding payment processing and storage regulations. Details about online securing of your payment information can be found here.
USING AND DISCLOSING INFORMATION
- To operate and improve our Site and Services;
- To confirm that you are an actual person and not a bot;
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network and identify you as a user in our system;
- To respond to any questions or concerns that you may have;
- To review grant proposals and award grants;
- To send you marketing, promotional communications, upgrades, and special offers related to our services and for other marketing purposes of ours or our third-party companies;
- For market research, analytical purposes, project planning, and product development;
- For troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- To better understand your needs and provide you with more personalized services;
- To fulfill other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law;
- To third-party contractors that provide services to us and are contractually bound to safeguard your personal information (i.e., website hosting providers, payment processors, log monitoring analysts, forensic data scientists, user data analysts, marketing assistants, and other service providers for legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law);
- To third parties for their own marketing and promotional purposes.
- To our wholly-owned companies and affiliates (including without limitation any affiliated non-profit organizations), which may be outside the United States;
- To third parties in connection with any merger, acquisition, reorganization, change in capital structure or sale of all or part of the business or makes a sale or transfer of assets of NPT;
- To third parties designated by you with your express consent;
- When we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, protect or defend our rights or the rights of other users of our Site or products or Services, or act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety; or
- Otherwise with your express consent.
We may create non-personally identifying anonymous or aggregate data from the information we collect and information provided by third parties. We may use that anonymous or aggregate data for our own purposes or disclose it to third parties at our own discretion.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use industry-accepted data collection and encryption methodologies to secure your personal information. In an effort designed to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, we follow industry-accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. ACCORDINGLY, WE CAN NOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR INFORMATION IS COMPLETELY SECURE AND SAFE FROM SUCH RISKS OR THAT IT WILL BE SECURE TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING, OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR INFORMATION. Please contact us if you have any questions about the security of our Site. For additional information on privacy, identity theft, and online security, please visit the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our websites and/or apps, or otherwise providing personal data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our websites and apps. We may post a notice via our websites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
PROCEDURES REGARDING CHILDREN
Our Site and Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us using the Site or Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or Service. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION COLLECTED OR PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES
We may obtain additional information (including personal information) about you from third parties, or allow third parties to collect information (including personal information), as described below. The third parties that collect information on our website may also collect information about your visits to other websites and online services over time.
- Information from Third Parties. We may sometimes collect information about you from third parties we work with or through publicly available sources. We may combine that information with other information we collect through the website or that you voluntarily provide or authorize us to obtain. We do not have any control over the third parties that provide us with your information, including how they collect, process or disclose your personal information.
- Device Information. We may use third parties to collect information about the device you use to visit the site, including device identifiers, device type, and operating system if your device settings allow it.
- Payment Transaction Information. If you donate online, your payment card information is processed by our service providers, which provide us with limited information about your donation.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographics from third parties. We may combine this with other information we have about you.
- Google Analytics. Among these services, National Park Trust uses Google Analytics to provide analytics services on our website. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt-out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
HOW TO REVIEW, MODIFY, OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or would like to update or change your personal information or preferences, follow the instructions below to review, modify or delete your personal information.
- To unsubscribe from a promotional email, please follow the instructions in any email you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders you have made, to ask you to rate a product you purchased, or an event you attended.
- If you have submitted information through the Site, and you would like to review, request changes, or have that information deleted from our databases, please contact us by sending a letter to our Privacy Compliance Officer at National Park Trust (NPT), 401 East Jefferson Street, Suite 207, Rockville, MD 20850 USA.
If you request your registration information be deleted or if you unsubscribe from communications, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, as required under applicable legal obligations, or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or access. Notwithstanding the prior two sentences, if the laws in your state provide you with additional protections or require us to comply with more stringent obligations to provide you with, remove, or correct your personally identifiable information, we will comply with such legal requirements.
When updating or deleting your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable.
Our Site offers publicly accessible community services such as blogs and forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts may remain even after you cancel your account.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NPT retains your personal information:
- For so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with Services or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements; and
- For so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please contact us by email at email@example.com. If NPT needs or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
If you have a data privacy complaint, please contact us by at Privacy Compliance Officer at National Park Trust (NPT), 401 East Jefferson Street, Suite 207, Rockville, MD 20850 USA, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concerns.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which NPT has disclosed certain information collected in connection with this Site and Service during the preceding year for the third parties direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at email@example.com. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request and include the name of this Site, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA VISITORS
NPT is based, and this Site is hosted, in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein. Where we transfer your personal information from the EEA to recipients located outside the EEA who are not in a jurisdiction that has been formally designated by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection to receive personal information, we do so on the basis of standard contractual clauses. You may request a copy of the relevant standard contractual clauses by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change any part of this policy, without any separate notice to users. The current policy will always be posted here. We will not change the purpose of this policy, which is to protect your privacy consistent with our goals as a non-profit organization committed to preserving and stewarding America’s national parks.